Our goal is to help get the laptop-based program running smoothly at the schools, and ensure maximum use of the digital educational resources made available to the students and teachers.
OLE Nepal’s volunteer program gives young graduates an opportunity to spend three months in school communities to provide assistance in project implementation and school support. As a facilitator you will get unique opportunity to learn about the application of technology to enhance primary education while gaining invaluable insights to the challenges faced by schools in remote areas. This program has emerged to fill the need for a hands-on assistance to teachers and schools in using technology effectively in classroom teaching-learning process and to facilitate students and teachers to utilize the resources made available through the project, once the program is introduced in the schools.
Initial training for the volunteers will be provided at OLE Nepal office in Sanepa, Lalitpur, where they will be trained about technology, digital resources, pedagogy, education system and community relations. At the time of the project launch, they will accompany OLE Nepal’s training and deployment team to Bajhang to assist in teacher training programs, school network and power installations, and laptop deployment.
The volunteers will spend the next ten weeks in Bajhang supporting schools. Teams of two volunteers will move from school to school, spending about a week at each school working with both teachers and students to make maximum use of the laptops and digital resources.
All the costs including travel to and from Bajhang, food and lodging stipend, and other miscellaneous expenses will be covered by the program.
Come be part of our amazing team of volunteers and spend few weeks helping students and teachers of Far Western Region in Nepal.
- July: Training for volunteers at OLE Nepal office.
- Early August: Involve and assist the team for teacher training program and deployment of laptops.
- Mid August – Mid October: Provide support to the schools.
- You will be part of the greater education campaign in Far Western Region of Nepal.
- You will gain field level experience in applying technology in school education.
- You will learn how technology can improve education quality and access.
- You will facilitate students and teachers in utilizing the learning resources.
- You will acquire technical skills about laptops, computers and school network.
- You will get first hand knowledge about life in rural communities.
- You will gain insights into challenges facing public education.
- You will develop interpersonal skills nurturing your personality.
- Graduates of Bachelor’s program, preferably in Education, Social Work or Rural Development.
(Exceptional final year students may be considered if they can commit to the required four months)
- Able to spend 2 months in a remote area
- Fit enough to walk on a daily basis
- Mature disposition with sound communication skill in Nepali
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoy working with children
If you have completed Bachelor’s level studies (preferably in Education, Social Work, or Rural Development) and are interested in gaining field level experience and training, please fill in the volunteer form below, no later than 10 July, 2015.