OLE Nepal (Open Learning Exchange Nepal) is a social benefit organization dedicated to enhancing teaching-learning in schools through the integration of technology and to provide uniform access to quality educational materials across different geographic areas and socio-economic strata.
OLE Nepal develops and distributes free educational content, trains teachers to integrate technology in classrooms, implements technology interventions in rural schools, and helps build local capacity in technology and education.
Position: Field Staff (Required - 1)
Summary: The person will be responsible in supporting the programs at public primary schools, monitoring program activities, conducting surveys and provide technical support.
- Supporting the programs at public primary schools.
- Monitoring program activities.
- Conducting surveys and provide technical support.
- Coordinate with schools and district line agencies for program implementation.
- Assist in teacher training program.
- Minimum Bachelors degree with major in Education preferred.
- Passion to work in the field of child education and digital technology.
- Proactive during office hours and school visits.
- Fit to walk on hilly terrains on a daily basis.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Motivated and enthusiastic about improving public education in Nepal.
Position: Software Developer (Python)
Required no: 2
- Conduct extensive research to reap benefits of open source community
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Study and debug existing web application in order to improve performance and to enforce standard coding practices
- Convert existing application from one technology to another
- Analyze database structure and database queries and take optimization steps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Information Technology or equivalent.
- Proven minimum one year experience in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Django, Flask, etc depending on your technology stack)
- Comfortable with working on existing PHP code
- Excellent understanding of object oriented methodology and design development and deployment experience in Linux
- Experience working on relational database systems such as MySQL
- Experience writing automated unit and integration testing using Python
- Experience using and creating RESTful APIs
- Good experience in continuous code refactoring
- First level of effort estimation for feature, interface with system architects to understand the impact of the system level features on the modules
- Concept of system administration and DevOps will be an added benefit
- Good knowledge of writing requirements specifications, architecture and design document, test strategy and test cases for the feature.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in continuous code optimization
- Research oriented who is a keen learner and constantly looking for the latest and optimal technologies.
- Positive attitude and great team player who can work well with the team