E-Paath is a collection of digital interactive learning activities that are designed and developed at OLE Nepal and distributed freely. The E-Paath activities are based on national curriculum of Nepal. They are subject-specific and grade-specific. E-Paath is available in Nepali and English languages for grades 1 – 8 and in Chepang language for grades 2 – 6.
E-Paath can run on any browser. It can be accessed online from OLE Nepal’s free digital library, E-Pustakalaya. It can also be downloaded and used for free.
Key Features of E-Paath
• Designed to give engaging and meaningful learning experience to the students.
• Closely aligned with the national curriculum to help teachers and students meet the learning objectives.
• Modular activities, each module corresponding to a subject and grade.
• Covers core subjects in the national curriculum – Nepali, English, science and math from grade 1 to 8 in Nepali and English language.
• We have translated the same content in Chepang language for grade 2-6.
• All E-Paath content can be translated and used in any language.
• Multimedia based, composed of contextualized images, audio, animations and games.
• Each activity module has a ‘lesson’ section that help students understand the concept being covered and an ‘exercise’ section to test how well students have understood the concept. There are also small exercise activities within the lessons that help students review and reinforce the concepts that they have just learnt.
• Each activity also has accompanying ‘Teacher’s Note’ that explains how teachers can integrate the E-Paath activities in classroom teaching.
E-Paath Development Process
A team of curriculum experts, graphic designers, software developers and translators work together to create E-Paath activities. From conceptualization to design and development, the team has paid close attention to ensure that the activities meet the learning objectives, are fun and interactive, and the graphic elements, text and audio components are contextualized to match students local environment.
E-Paath design and development is based on student-centered learning approach. The learning content is situated in real world scenarios and local context so that learning is personally meaningful to the students. We provide timely assessment so that the students can learn in practice-based approach in their own pace. Along with giving fun and engaging learning experience to the students, we also aim to promote positive attitude to learning and positive self-esteem as a learner.
OLE Nepal has already prepared over 800 E-Paath activities. The following table shows the breakdown of learning modules by grades and subjects. The science activities have been prepared both in Nepali and English languages so that learners in both Nepal and other parts of the world can benefit from them.